Summary of Qualifications
- Served 6 years Active Duty in the United States Navy which honed skills such as high attention to detail, professionalism, and working under pressure.
- Experienced LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack developer.
- Multi-OS capable. I can (and do) use MacOS, Linux, and Windows for development.
- Semi-proficient server administrator. Can configure development and production Linux web servers from the ground up with a proper LAMP stack as well as additional services such as DNS (BIND/NAMED) and email (POSTFIX). Additional experience with local environments using Vagrant and cloud environments on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Creative problem solver capable of tackling problems head on with unique and effective solutions.
- Have varying degrees of experience from dabbling with C, C++, Objective-C, Ruby (Rails), Python, and Java. I am capable of learning new languages and technologies quickly when provided the opportunity.
- Ranked top 2% on StackOverflow.com with a cumulative reputation score over 14,200 and have reached over a million people with my answers.
Senior Developer / Architect Vision Property Management Sep. 2014 - NOW
Senior Developer and Architect building and maintaining property management software with a team of three other developers.
Full Stack Applications Developer KHA, Inc. Dec. 2013 - Sep. 2014
Create and maintain environmental health safety (EHS) systems that span the gamut from behemoth legacy PHP applications to cutting edge SaaS applications built with Laravel 4. Operations and development goals are hyper focused on customer needs and at any given time, am responsible for rapidly designing, prototyping, and implementing client requests. Notable work:
- Maintain and add new features to legacy applications. This includes tracking down and correcting bugs in extremely large and complex procedural applications, which is extremely challenging.
- Building new multi-tenent SaaS web application using Laravel 4 to service customers with a suite of modular applications.
- Full stack work to include: graphic design, front-end development, back-end development, database administration, server administration, project management, and customer service.
Lead Applications Developer / System Administrator 3D Print Holdings Apr 2013 - Dec 2013
3D Print Holdings is a startup exploring manufacturing with 3D Printers. I worked full-time as the lead applications developer from April 2013 to December 2013, and then moved into a consultancy role. While working for the company, I created multiple web properties as well as backend tools to power this growing business, worked as the systems administrator and configured, optimized, and maintained a cloud-based CentOS Linux server. Notable work:
- Designed and developed Zverse.com, a custom E-Commerce platform built on a custom MVC framwork I created.
- Converted design specifications and heavily modified OpenCart, an open source e-commerce platform, to create DoodleSculpt.com, a product to create 3D sculptures from your child’s art.
- Designed and developed corporate website found at http://www.3dprintholdings.com.
- Designed and developed custom 3D printing inquiry site at http://www.custom3dprint.com.
Applications Developer Reachsmart Interactive Jul 2012 - Apr 2013
- Rebuilt legacy CRON Job system from the ground up to simultaneously manage and track hundreds of back-end jobs, provide status reporting, automated conflict resolution to address hung scripts, and automatic software-based database load balancing based on replication lag times.
- Created custom MVC framework and application layer on top of it that operates as a software router for advertising redirection, split testing, tracking, and reporting.
- Rebuilt legacy email management system using PHP and simulated multi-threading via process forking to handle feeding of multiple data streams into multiple email service providers.
Other experiences and knowledge used: Subversion, multi-server environments with development, staging, and production phases, administration and workflow design in Atlassian Jira bug tracking software, master/slave (replication) relational database environment across multiple servers, Varnish Cache, MemCached, large scale email marketing, and team collaboration.
Lead Application Developer iGeoPulse May 2012 - Jun 2012
Lead PHP/MySQL Developer at small startup in Columbia, SC. Was actively engaged in building brand new platform on Zend Framework with MySQL for measuring user’s emotion to content via sentiment analysis algorithms. Started working at company during a pivot and created entire platform from the ground up. Notable features and technologies:
- Setup deployment process utilizing Capistrano to deploy to Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2 instances.
- Created server CRON process connected to Twitter REST API to monitor user engagement and automatically import data into web application for clients.
- Our technology was incorporated into local major news network as well as the University of South Carolina Alumni Association and we even gathered user sentiment data in real time during local sporting events.
Fire Controlman 2nd Class United States Navy 2006 - 2012
Maintenance and repair of Naval weapon, radar, and computer systems. Entailed high degree of electronics theory and practice as well as Unix system administration.
Colorado Technical University 2012 - 2015 B.S. Information Technology
Graduated August 2015 Summa Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.95